Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thoughts

It's been a few days since I last wrote.  Not that anything has taken up all of my time.  I just have not written.  I guess that happens to all of us from time to time.  We get into a habit of doing something and then start missing days.  Maybe I just needed to have a day or two off.

We have had our two middle grand-daughters here this week while they are on Spring Break.  We will be taking them back tomorrow even though it is their first day back at school.  School can be made up but life missed is gone forever.  They have been a wonderful joy to have around but tiring at the same time.  I have a feeling that this will be a repeating pattern.  We may to limit the time that we have any of the grands.   I don't want that to happen but how can I prevent it?

I will be gone for a few days this week.  On Tuesday I have the PEG tube put in and I doubt I will have access to post and I probably will not feel like it.  I already have a script for Dilodid and when I will need it, I probably will not make much sense written or verbal.  I can see it now, the girls will be recording me for blackmail purposes!  No girls, that is not a suggestion.  You all know that I am crazy enough without the help of good meds.

When I think about what we are about to do, I some times think that this, in a way, is me giving up.  In another way, it is a way to fight what is going on.  I have so many mixed emotions about doing it.  That's not even taking into account the way that I react to anesthesia.  I just hope that I do not wind up being admitted and having to stay for several days.  I know that is in the back of both mine and G's mind.

I will try and post something on FB Tuesday afternoon as to how everything has gone and how good the meds are doing.  I might have a few extra cell phones to sell by that time as well.  All offers of money will be considered.

Until next time...............

2 comments:

  1. Were praying for you Mr. Byron, but were praying for Mrs. G more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And both are greatly appreciated. She needs the prayers for having to put up with me for all these years. ;)

    ReplyDelete