Thursday, April 2, 2015

Catch Up

I tried to post from my phone on here but could not do it.  I guess that goes to show I am really not smarter than the technology that I am using.  I will try and catch up with what has been going on.

On Monday we started out and made a few stops before we got out of town.  At our last stop I got a call from the State Director of the Paralyzed Veterans of America.  He is who we had been working with us  to get my VA disability.  Even though I am not paralyzed, ALS falls under his purview.  Long and short of it is, that in about 3 weeks time I have been approved for a 100% VA disability.  This is a huge deal!  I can now ensure that Golddean will be taken care of after I pass.  It also provides us with many more benefits under the VA that I am sure will be very good to have later on.

Now as far as Tuesday and the PEG tube surgery.  Every thing went well and I had no problems with anything.  For once.  I some times have trouble coming out of anesthesia but I was fine this time.  The only thing that they did not make clear to me was that I could not eat for 24 hours after the surgery.  Needless to say I was very hungry and pigged out when I was able to eat again.  Chicken fingers and mashed potatoes never tasted so good!  I now have supplements to take with real food as well.  I need to get my weight back up so I can deal with things later on.

I had an offer from an online acquaintance to take a trip to Alaska and fish for salmon this coming August.  I saw no way to be able to do that until Monday afternoon when we got the call about the VA disability being approved.  Now I have a chance to do something that I never thought I would be able to do.  Thank you my friend for suggesting it and clearing the way to go with all of your help.  It is truly a trip of a life time.

I am a very lucky man.  Not only do I have a wonderful family, I have people that I have never met doing things for me and giving me the opportunity to do things that I thought were out of my reach. For this I am thankful. And humbled.  And blessed.  I hope that all the good that has been shown to me, is returned ten fold.  For surely they deserve every bit, and more, of the kindness that they have shown.

Until next time..............

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome on all accounts! I had hoped to be able to go but to and extent, life got in the way... If there's any type of fishing gear you need for the trip just let me know as we have foul weather gear coming out our ears in the little lobstering town I live in. Again, many prayers are being blasted your way !!!

    ReplyDelete