Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Angel

One thing that I realized this morning that I have not touched on in this blog is my Angel.

Many people may wonder why I call her Angel.  Well let me tell ya!  She married me 35 years ago this next November and she let me drag her from one Army post to another for 4 years while I was on active duty.  Letting me do what I loved best during that time, flying helicopters so that sick and injured people had a better chance at staying alive.

She has seen me through all sicknesses and depressions.  She saw me almost die from a heart attack, staying with me 24/7 for the time I was in the hospital, sleeping on a fold out twin bed next to mine.  She would jump up any time I moved and moaned a little.  She stayed with me through numerous heart caths and stent placements, sitting alone in the waiting room worried to death at what they would find and have to do.

She stayed with me through a surgery to correct a hiatal hernia.  Again a procedure that almost took my life as I wound up in the ICU and back into surgery to try and find out why I was going septic.  I cannot imagine what was going through on that one.

She stayed with me through a total of two inguinal hernia operations, and a knee surgery that saw me contract rhabdomyolysis .  She got scared when I got E coli from a prostate biopsy.  Not to mention having Lyme's Disease in one state and our middle daughter having the same thing in another state.

Before anyone says something about her not getting her due praise, she did this while surviving a finger that was almost severed, a total hysterectomy, removal of a lypoma the size of an egg, a total knee replacement, and the birth of three little, umm lets change that to rather large (9lb10oz, 8lb11oz, and 8lb9oz) babies, and a dislocated shoulder.  Now she has problems with her back in the L4 to L5 vertibrea and facing another total knee replacement on the other knee.

She did some of these things while she went to nursing school to do something that she was very good at.  She worried about the science of nursing but she studied hard and learned and impressed me with what she could do.  She was 46 when she started in nursing school.  An age where most nurses have moved on to supervisory positions or retired all together.

All this and more causes me to call her my Angel.  I can not imagine my life without her.  I  cannot imagine what her life without me in it will be like.  It will be different and a lot less traumatic on her that is for sure.  I suspect she will try and make life easier on our daughters and grands.  Knowing how loving she is, she might even take the boys to the woods..........nah she wouldn't do that.  Or would she?

As far as you, the reader, I wish that you can find the one like I found mine.  I hope that you also have your struggles to make you appreciate the good times that much more.  And I hope for a long and happy together for both of you.

I know I have found that, more, oh such more, in my Angel.

Until next time.......................


No comments:

Post a Comment