Monday, March 23, 2015

It Was A Beautiful Day

It was a beautiful day today.  Sunshine. 70 degrees.  A relaxing day with nothing more planned than being with my girls.  Besides Golddean, aka my Angel, aka the wife, we have two of our grand-daughters with us over Spring Break.

It was amazing to me when we were first starting out, to know that something as beautiful as my girls were and did come from me.  I suppose all parents feel that way to a certain extent.  I know I was in total awe.  All three of my girls were so pretty that they had to take after their mother because I sure could not have had anything to do with creating them.  Luckily they all took after their Mom in the good looks department.

And now here is another generation of beautiful girls to tempt the boys and break more than a few hearts along the way.  Best of all, they are from me.  For if it were not for their mothers then I would not have had them to dote on and tease and send back to their mothers when the sugar high reached its peak.  Seems we get them around Easter or Halloween so yeah they get candy.  Lots of candy.  And Papa gets his revenge.

Today though they were very happy and excited to go with us to see where my wife grew up and some other sights from around town.  Then we went to Mammoth Springs.  There is something totally mesmerizing about seeing a child experience something for the first time.  Knowing how they will never forget the day and the happy time that it was. I know I will never foreget but I don't have as long as they do to remember and cherish the day.

I put dying aside for today and just enjoyed.  Listening to the giggle of the girls in the back seat.  Hearing the excitement in their voices as the ducks and geese came rushing to get the bread we threw out on the water for them.  Hearing the best phrase in the world, "I love you Papa!"

Yep it was a beautiful day today.

Until next time.............

1 comment:

  1. This is something they will NEVER forget! Angelina talked to me for 20 minutes about your adventures. I am glad you are all enjoying your time together... Even if I miss them, I am happy they have this opportunity... Just make sure they eat ALL the sugar the day before you bring them home!!!

    ReplyDelete