Friday, June 5, 2015

Three Letters

Three little letters.

That's all it takes to make a very big word.  It is one that is used to ask a question, to finish an explanation, to get to a deeper meaning, to be angry.  Three letters long, but its impact is way out of proportion to its length.

We ask it of ourselves.  We ask it of others.  We ask it of God.

But it rarely if ever gives us answers.  That in itself can be an answer.  Many times the answers we seek are answered by getting no answer.  I know that really does not make sense, but that is what I have seen in my life.

I have not asked myself this question since I was diagnosed with ALS.  I don't need to.  It is enough for me to know that I have this terrible thing going on with my body.  I chose not to dwell on the thing that I cannot change with this disease, but on what I can control and what I can continue to do.  Which is surprisingly a lot.  Sure I have my good days and I have my terrible ones.  But every one is one more that I can have.

I have never asked why, and I hope I never do.  That would take away from what time I have left by worrying about what I cannot change and seeking answers to questions that will not change the outcome for me.

Time is better spent giving to others and contributing to finding a prevention or a cure.

I will leave it to you to ask why.

Until next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment