Thursday, June 18, 2015

A Different Point of View

While in Wal Mart today I saw a little girl any where from 18 mos to 2 years.  A beautiful little girl to be sure, but what she was doing is what caught my attention.  She was bent at the waist and looking down action ally upside down.

I remember doing that too as a kid.  Seeing the world like that was interesting to say the least.  It looks like people are walking on the ceiling with nothing falling out of his pockets, nor women's purses and hair hanging down.  Sometimes it even improved peoples looks.

With ALS I have done some of the same things myself.  Instead of planning for events next year or the year after, I have put more emphasis on what I am doing next week or next month.  Making plans for further in advance seems to me futile in a way.  I am content in planning for the next day and the next week.

In a way it has been liberating not to have to plan for the future.  I get to do today things that I have wanted to do for so long, and just have not found the time or had resources to do at the time.  My family supports me in this, although they shake their heads sometimes and call me a dork.  That is okay too.

I am glad I ran into that little girl today.  She reminded me that I can look at things upside down and they some how make sense.

Besides it is just fun.

Until next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment