Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Grandson Hunting Buddy

Went hunting again today with the oldest grandson.  I never thought that going on a simple squirrel hunting trip would be so satisfying.

Seven years ago Bill would not get any where around loud noises much less shoot a rifle or shotgun. He would go fishing because it did not require any loud noises or recoil.  He has overcome his fears and embraced hunting and being the woods.

This morning we got a late start and only left the house at daylight when we should have been in the woods at that time.  I apologized to him for such a late start.  "That's okay, Papa.  At least we are getting to go."  Gotta love that he was only worried about going and not that we had missed prime time hunting.

I am amazed at how mature and loving kids can be at times.  Especially since he knows that I have ALS and I am going to die.  I would not be surprised if he takes me to the woods one day and helps me hunt and acts as the retriever.  I don't know if that is something that I have instilled in him or if he is just that way.

I do know this though, he is a good kid overall and I love him so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment