Sunday, June 7, 2015

Fruit Salad

I made a big, really huge, fruit salad the other day.  Watermelon, cantaloupe, apples, pears, peaches, plums, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and I am sure I missed a few others we found at the grocery store and picked up.  No sugar added.  It might sound odd but all of the flavors blended together make an unforgettable combination.  I think I just made myself hungry.

I got to thinking after I made it up that the mixture is like the friends and family that I have had in my life.  We are a huge mixture of English, German, Indian (Native American not from the subcontinent), Hungarian, Korean, Black (none of my friends with dark skin are originally from Africa so they are not African-American), Japanese, Dutch, and a few I am sure I have missed.  In the mixing and matching that has taken place we have become richer in our lives and hearts because of the mixing.

I know my life is richer beyond comprehension for all of my friends.  I feel better when I see smiles from them or hear of something good that has happened to them.  I join in their happiness and try to convey my sorrow in their times of lose.

It pains me to no end that I will eventually be the cause of much sorrow in their lives.  If I could change that I would.  God knows there is too much sorrow here on Earth for me to be the cause of more.

Yet we are still like that fruit salad I made.  Alone some of the fruit is tart.  Others may be overly sweet.  Together they are just right and compliment each other.  Maybe that is what life should be like, we each making a contribution that compliments the other, balancing out the bad with the good.

As for me I know that I have been overly blessed by knowing you all, and my life the better for it.

Until next time..................

1 comment:

  1. Nice analogy! Everyone that has the pleasure of knowing you is Blessed. Thanks for sharing food for thought for all.

    ReplyDelete