Monday, May 11, 2015

Storms and Rainbows

It is storming.  It has been for a while now.  I don't mind the storms.  I haven't for a long time now.  In fact I rest better with rain, and lightening with thunder giving the light show a standing ovation.

In a way we all have storms that rage out of the sight of others.  The deep doubts that we have, the tussle between right and wrong, good and bad, legal and immoral.  Even though there may be no outward sign of struggle, and debate over issues we all go through, there is no less of a storm raging within.

I am not saying that I am going through any internal debate right now.  The time for debating is nearly over.  I do look back at things that I have done or failed to do with a sense of dissatisfaction.  I could and should have been better at times in my life, but then again would I have become the same man that I am today?

I don't think that I would be.  It's an opinion but I think a correct one.  Without struggle we never know what we are capable of and how we can raise above the mediocre,  One the other hand, it shows us how far off the mark that we are.  We never know which it will be at the onset.  Only by seeing it through can we know how we do.  By hanging on to the strength imparted by the previous storm can we make it through the next.  In that sense I have been preparing all of my life for this storm and this moment.

I will have a few more storms left to go through.  I hope that in each, I will be better than the last.  I hope that with the rain the air is washed clean so that we all can see, for a time at least, how clear and pure our time here can be and be strengthened to see our way through the next storm.

Besides the best part of any storm is the rainbow that follows it.  The stronger the storm the more brilliant the rainbow.  That is something to look forward to, when in the mist of the storm we have doubts of making it through.

May your storms give you strength.

Until next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment