Thursday, February 19, 2015

Finally an Appointment

I didn't sit down last night to write anything and some times that might be what I need to do to gather thoughts and hash things out for myself.

We got a call about 6 pm last night from UAMS ALS Clinic. I will be going in on 9 March to get things started and plan out treatments.  One thing about what they do there is a 'team' effort; docs, sociologist, psychologist, speech, physical, and occupational therapist; which I like.  I am wondering though, how an occupational therapist will help with my squirrel hunting, as that is the closest thing I have to an occupation right now. 

That week will surely be busy for me.  Appointment with UAMS on the 9th, cardiologist on the 10th, and birthday on the 11th.  Not to mention I need to get in to see my PCP for annual blood work and med checks.  The later I want to put off until I know what kind of meds I will be taking and any other adjustments that need to be taken.  One thing I wish I could do is take my PCP with me when we move.  I could never have asked for a better doc!

The girls have all been looking for housing for us near(er) them.  I really want to go back and be with them but I am not for sure I can go back to two families in one house.  I have gotten used to the house being quiet and not having to worry about disturbances between the kids.  With the ALS I have a feeling my physical and, to a certain extent, mental energies will be taken up fighting the symptoms and I don't need the added pressure of the kids.  Don't get me wrong!  I love them with all of my heart and always will but I will need quiet and calm, more so now than ever before.  Besides I can run around he house in my underwear if I want to if they are not there.

As all ways let me know how I am doing with this blog.  If you want to know about some thing just ask.  I don't know that I will answer but you can ask just the same.

Until next time...............


3 comments:

  1. Well, if you are creative I would imagine you should be able to come up with a way to stay squirrel hunting even after ALS progresses. When there is a will there is a way, they say. I hope your new home is near the woods so you can get out there after them. Maybe your occupational therapist will have some good ideas to help keep you chasing squirrels as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that at least one of the three will be making sure I get to the woods. Besides my oldest grandson will be keeping an eye out for me I am sure.

      Delete