Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Little About What Is Going On

On the 28th of January 2015 I was diagnosed with Bulbar onset ALS.  This is an attempt at recording events, situations, and feelings in this new turn in my life.  Some of you may think this is a self serving blog about how well I am handling this devastating news.  Those that know me, know that is not true.

This is an attempt at letting folks know about this journey that I have started on.  It will be as honest as I can make it.  There will be some laughter (alot I hope!) and some tears, more than a few I fear.  There may even be some hurt feelings as I feel the need to honest and forthright about what I will be going through.

At this point I have no idea how much time I have left, but with what time I do have left I intend to make the most of it.  Doing until I can no longer can.  Loving every day those that are special to me.  Giving comfort to my family.  

My family is who I worry about.  I don't worry about myself because I know what will be the ultimate out come and I am at peace with that.  Some say it is amazing how I am handling all of this, and that they admire and are in awe about my composure.  I do not feel that I am that special, nor am I an inspiration.  I am just me.  Trying to be the best that I can be.

I will write more latter.  If you like this and want to hear read more just let me know.

Until next time..............

No comments:

Post a Comment