Sunday, February 15, 2015

Angels Among Us

On 28 Jan 2015 when the doc gave me the long face, confirming what I had felt for so long, I came home and first notified all of my family, and then posted it on FB and two other sites that I visit regularly.  I figured that I would get just a smattering of aw geeze type remarks from people ranging from those I grew with and those that I have met online.  Instead I got this wonderful out flowing of genuine concern and emotions.

On one site an individual from Canada offered to do whatever it took to help me with finishing a bucket list I talked about.  Another from the site offered to take me fishing and hunting in GA for anything I wanted to fish for or hunt.  But there was one special offer that I want to tell about now.

While we were waiting to get a final diagnosis, a young man and his wife were waiting for their first born to arrive.  That in and of itself was special and reminded me of the song "And When I Die" by Blood, Sweat, and Tears.  If you have not heard or heard it recently go to youtube.com and look it up.

Any way back to the subject. The young father was devastated to hear my news.  From his written words in the forum you could tell how sincere he was in his upset.  He emailed me later and offered lodging if Golddean and I wanted to take a vacation to Maine if we needed to get away.  He offered as well to send fresh Maine lobster to us free of charge.  His gesture hit me hard needless to say.  Here is some one who I have never set eyes on, offering more than I deserve.  And him with a 6 week old baby boy.

After corresponding back and forth I suggested that if he really wanted to do something for me, he could plant a hardwood tree in my memory.  The long and short of it is a white oak sapling will be planted some where in Maine this spring.  He also promised to take his son hunting under that tree for squirrel and deer when both become old enough.

Now you can see why I say there are angels among us.  They just make their appearance when we really need them and not before.  And surely this man is one of them.

Until next time.............

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Ozark. Geez I am going to have to start making sure I have a box of tissues near the computer. Lol. You are quite a character. I mean that in an awesome way. :)

    ReplyDelete