Thursday, July 23, 2015

Mile Stones and Grandson

Little Man passed a mile stone today.

Many of my friends who fish will understand when I say that if you fish long enough and hard enough sooner or later we all get hooked.  Not on the sport of fishing but really, truly, actually hooked.  That is exactly what happened today.

He was at the neighborhood creek fishing under the supervision of his older brother and he put one barb of a treble hook through his arm just above his elbow on his left arm.  Being the ripe old age of 7 it scared him a little, well actually a whole lot, but he would not let Papa take care of getting it out.  A trip to the ER and some nice medical personnel the hook was removed and he was a very brave Little Man.  He is home now and doing so fine all is forgotten and he is back to normal.

I wish life was like that, and some day it might be.

I hope that the next mile stone he passes is a lot less painful than this one.  Maybe I will be there to see him and maybe not, but I will know and be proud of him no matter what.

His arm will heal and the scar will be there for the rest of his life.  I hope that when he is asked about it he will be on the river with a pole in his hand and a stringer of nice bass, ummm maybe brim, and a grandson looking at him with big round eyes full of adoration and worship as he looks at me now.

I know how he will feel at that moment, because that is how I feel every day that he looks at me.

Until next time...................


1 comment: