Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Don't Have To Imagine

Imagined I passed away
If you don't care: stop reading
If you would come to my funeral: like this
If you would miss me: comment
If your not scared: repost and see who your real friends are.

I saw this today and passed it on by scrolling through to get to another Facebook posting. To tell the truth I usually do just that and forget about the posting. Today. Today I started to do just that.  

Three postings later I changed my mind. It is not because I had a particularly bad day, for it was not a bad day. I had seen today some friends that made a round trip, in one case, from Louisiana, in the other from extreme South AR. In fact if it is a rather calm day they can hear the oil wells in Texas pumping up crude, black gold, Texas tea........... Sorry had a Beverly Hills Hillbillys flashback. Both were in pain of one kind or another. I just hoped that I brightened their day for they sure brightened mine!

Back to my story......

I think it might have been because of an unknowingly hurtful remark made to my daughter by some one who does not know that I have ALS. The lady said in effect that with how hard I have worked all of my life, I deserve to enjoy the rest of my life.

My daughter did not say anything to her but she was hurt. I am sure from what I know of the person that she would never have said that to save her life. But she did.

So I stopped after three posts and retraced my steps and this is what I posted:

"Guys I want to say something about posts like this. As one who is slowly dying each day from ALS, I really resent these types of posts. There are others that might not have what I have, but just the same as I, are dying a little bit each day, and like me, resent these posts. We have enough to do each day to not be reminded in such a frivolous way that death is always with us. Our families and extended families are hurt by these things as well. They are reminded in, what is meant to be humor, that they are dying and worse that people think death is something to laugh about. I don't say this to be cruel, and you certainly have the right to post what you want to, just please, please think of those like me before you hit the enter button. Have a great rest of your life. I know I will be, for however long that will be."

I will leave that with you to mull over in the odd moments of your day. If it bothers you, do what you think best. I am not looking for an apology or added sympathy from anyone, for I don't feel I deserve either. What you do is up to you. All I ask is go home after you think about this and hug every person in that house who is important to you and tell each and every one how much and why you love them. Then simply post on Facebook or any other place you might go and say, "I hugged my family."

That's it. No explanation. If some one should ask, then explain in an IM, PM, or any other private communication why you posted that. Better yet give them the link to this post and let them decide what they will do.

For those that don't care, so be it and I wish for you the most amazing rest of your life that any one who has lived has ever had.  

I know the rest of mine will be just that and very hard to beat.



Until next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment