Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Things That I Am Thankful For

With everyone posting on Facebook what they are thankful for each day in November I thought I would do the same but on this blog.  So here goes...........

I am thankful for ALS for it has shown me what is really important in life and taught me to cherish the little things that so many of us take for granted.

I am thankful that I can get up each day for there will be a time I will not be able to get out of bed.

I am thankful for the pain because it reminds me that I am still alive.  Without life there is no pain.

I am thankful for pain pills that make the pain at least tolerable.

I am thankful that I can still swallow my pills as that is a small victory to be celebrated daily.

I am thankful for the friends who have shared their life with me.  Without friends none of us would survive.

I am thankful for my life with my Bride of 35 years.  She has made my life so much richer and rewarding.  I don't know what I would do without her.  I need her now more than ever.

I am thankful for my beautiful daughters and handsome son-in-law.  They have given me so much pleasure and joy in my life.  Makes me glad I didn't kill them when they were teenagers or shoot him when he first started coming around.

I am thankful for my grands as they let me see the world through their eyes and realize how wonderful the world really is.

I am thankful for the nature that surrounds me when I am in the woods.  It rejuvenates me and calms my spirit, putting everything into a better perspective.

I am thankful for my family that gave me such a hard time growing up and shows me much love now.  Without them I would not be me.  Without me they would not have had anyone to pick on.

I am thankful for my puppies for each and every day that show me just what unconditional love really truly is.  If you have never had a dog you don't know what I mean.

I am thankful for knowing a very special lady, Aletha Arnold.  Next to my mother she was the most caring and compassionate woman I have ever known.  RIP 11-17-2015.  I hope you're dancing with Clifford.

I could go on and on but it would get to be tedious for you the reader.  Think of what you are thankful for. Not just the big things, but the little things.  For those are often the things that enrich us more than the big things.

Oh and don't forget to tell the ones you love that you do indeed love them.  They can never hear that enough.


Until next time..............

No comments:

Post a Comment