Friday, September 4, 2015

Family

In a few more days I will be leaving on a trip to a place I have never been before to visit with family that is no blood relation but none the less family.

I tell you, the reader of this, for a couple of reasons.  I know that I sometimes go several days between posts but this will be for an extended period and I do not wish to worry those that know me, and those that are following my blog to think that something terrible has happened.  I will be taking notes and probably have several things in mind to talk about when I get back.  Have patience with me and I assure you I will be back, just like Arnold.

Another reason is to try and explain a little about family.  We all know about our family of brothers and sisters, if you are lucky enough to have those, of aunts and uncles and cousins and all sorts of other relatives.

If we are lucky we have others that are part of our lives who are family.  I am blessed more than most to have a list of these that stretch from Canada to South Louisiana.  From the East coast to the West coast.  This family is made up of people from a wide range of backgrounds, philosophies, economic situations, and cultures.  I did not actively seek them out and I am sure that they did not seek me out, but in some way we found each other and that special connection clicked.  We are no less family than if we have blood ties.

I find my thoughts going to them each day and at odd times, and these thoughts of them buoy me up and make my fight more important to me.  Yes, I have that with my family.  Especially with my girls and with my brothers.  I am sure that in the future this family will serve as a motivation for me to keep going through the pain and decreasing abilities that it holds.

If you don't have this extended family in your life I can only wish that you will some day find it and be blessed for it.  I know that I have been blessed by having them.  I can only hope that they feel the same of me.

Until next time.................

No comments:

Post a Comment