Monday, October 19, 2015

Being Comfy

There are days that we all don't feel well and don't know why we don't.  Days where we are out of sorts but no one real complaint or cause to point to why we don't feel good.

That is how the last two days have been for me.  I have sat in a chair, only getting up to go to the bathroom.  I even slept in that chair for last two nights because I did not feel like reclining all the way down on the bed.  Besides I was just comfy where I was and didn't want to move.

I think we all want to do that at times.  Just sit where we are because we are comfy the way and where we are.  If we don't move ahead from that place we miss out on a lot of things in life, like adventures, achievements, love and growth.  Just imagine what we would be today if we had not taken the chance of moving from that comfy place, wherever and whatever that might be, and moved on to a place less comfy and a bit more challenging.

I still have things that I want to do that will not be exactly comfortable for me to achieve, but I refuse to sit and be comfy for the rest of the time that I have left.  Maybe I have a different perspective on life now that I have ALS.  Maybe I want to do some things that I never had the courage to do before for whatever reason.  Maybe it is just because I want to be defiant and thumb my nose at ALS and go and do what I want to do until I can do no more.

Maybe, but then again maybe I am just tired of 'just being comfy.'


Until next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment