Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Thoughts On The Future And A Thank You

Just back from the ER.......again.

Two years ago I was in and out of the ER and hospital quite frequently.  Chest pains and other problems running the gambit from hernias to my knee.  It seemed that I could not stay out of the hospital for more than two months at a time.  Up to last week I had not been in the ER this whole year.  Now in a one week period I have been there twice.

It scared me.  Not because of anything major wrong, but knowing that in the future, nearer than I want it to be, I may be there more and more.  As my disease progresses I know my journeys there will be more frequent and my stays longer each time.  That's what scares me.  Knowing that I will be there and not around people that I love and not where I want to be.  Oh, I know the people that I love and that love me will be there for me, but it is not the same thing.  By a long shot.

On another note, I want to say a word of praise for the people that take care of me here.  They, with very few exceptions, are very professional and very caring.  I have never been taken care of with such concern for my comfort and well being as I am here.  I will miss this, and them more and more as time goes by.  I wish I could take them all with me when I move.  Realistically, I know I can't.  Thank you Nurses and Doctors and all support personnel!  Y'all Rock!


Until next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment