Sunday, August 16, 2015

Catching Up

It has been a while since I last wrote and many things have been going on in that time.

We took the grandkids home and they will be starting school on Monday again.  A time that all kids loath and all parents look forward to.  We dropped them off to their Mother on Wednesday and when we got back home we were greeted with a strange but welcomed silence.  I had wanted to get in a few more hunting and fishing trips with the boys but couldn't work it in.  Another trip to Mammoth Springs would have been nice too.

On Thursday we met with my niece in Little Rock and had a short but enjoyable visit with her.  I then was able to go to Bass Pro Shop and poke around.  To say that the people put on quite a show is something of an understatement.  Friendly sales staff and lots and lots to see.  You almost have to go and take a few hours just to look around.  Then maybe again that is what they want you to do.  It is a proven fact that the longer you can keep people in a store, the more money they will spend.  I must admit we did buy a few odds and ends.

On the way back and after we picked up our four legged girls, I dropped my rifle off at my cousin's son's house so he could work up a leather shell holder for my .45-70 Govt.  It was good to meet him and to visit with him and just relax instead of hurrying on home for once.

When we got home I finally admitted to myself that I was not feeling that well.  I started coughing and gagging.  Hard coughs.  Those that you think will bring up toe nails eventually.  I coughed so much I made myself sick, although my stomach was not feeling good to begin with.  I tried to throw up which is impossible for me because of a hernia repair I had done several years ago.  What I did bring up was just gross.  Not only that but it had blood in it.  After getting in bed I threw up some bright red blood.

Long and short of it we wound up in the hospital and yesterday I had an EGD to find out where the blood was coming from.  My peg tube and gotten pulled and in the process caused an ulceration in my stomach which proceeded to bleed and make me sick.  I am glad they found it and got it corrected.  I just hope that I don't have this to look forward to in the future.  

In the future I know there will other stays in the hospital and times of not feeling good.  I hope that they are few and as far between times as I can make them.  Until then I will be jamming in as much life as I can and playing with my big boy toys and just enjoying life as I am given it.

Until next time........................




No comments:

Post a Comment