Friday, February 12, 2016

Those Sudden Stops

I have been cleaning up from the move recently and came across a helmet sticker* that says, "It's not the speed, it's the sudden stop."

Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

Then again, I got to thinking about it and realized that it is rather deep too. You see in life I have found that no matter how fast you go and how hard you live, it is the sudden stops you have to look out for.  For instance..............

The time you see your true love and realize that they are the one.  I knew it before she did.

The first time you see that the new life that changes the whole world.  I was lucky, that happened three times for me.

The times that absolutely take your breath away.  Like the view from the cockpit of a helicopter of an impossibly black night lit only by a billion billion stars that seem to smile at your awe.

The time that your grandchild comes to you unbidden and gives you a hug and kiss and tells you that you are the best granddad ever.

Doing something unexpected for your mate and seeing her eyes light up and tears begin, all along knowing that they are tears of unbridled joy and happiness.

Then there are others that bring you to your knees.  I prefer not to dwell on those because, even though they shape us for what we are now, they are still too painful to think about.

Although my throttle doesn't allow me to go as hard as I can and as fast as I can any more, I still try to keep my speed up and the wind in my hair.  For in doing so I create memories and moments that are gold.

Recently my throttle has been stuck in idle, and it is driving me crazy!  I need to work on correcting that, but I can't seem to find that cosmic can of WD-40.  If anyone knows where it is please let me know.  I sure can use it soon.

In any case keep your throttle open, the pedal to the metal, and enjoy life!  Don't worry about that sudden stop.  It will come when it comes.  Worrying about it won't change that and robs you of joy and happiness in the here and now.



Until next time...........................

*Helmet stickers are like bumper stickers for motorcycle helmets.


No comments:

Post a Comment